Newcastle Area Guide
Which is the best area to live in Newcastle?
I do not have personal opinions or biases. However, I can provide some information about different areas in Newcastle that are popular among residents.
Jesmond is a popular area for students and young professionals, with plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafes. It’s close to both Newcastle and Northumbria universities and has good transport links to the city centre.
Gosforth is another popular area, known for its leafy streets and upmarket shops and restaurants. It’s a bit further out from the city centre but still has good transport links.
Quayside is a trendy and bustling area, with lots of bars and restaurants overlooking the River Tyne. It’s a popular spot for nightlife and socializing.
Heaton is a diverse area with a mix of students, families, and professionals. It has a good range of amenities and is well-connected to the city centre.
Ultimately, the “best” area to live in Newcastle will depend on individual preferences and needs, such as budget, proximity to work or school, and lifestyle. It’s a good idea to research different areas, visit them if possible, and consider factors such as safety, amenities, and transport links before making a decision.
Newcastle property market
I can provide some general information about the Newcastle property market.
Newcastle’s property market is diverse, with a range of options for buyers and renters. According to the latest data from Zoopla, the average house price in Newcastle is currently around £211,000, which is slightly lower than the national average. However, prices can vary significantly depending on the area, with some of the more affluent areas such as Gosforth and Jesmond commanding higher prices.
Overall, the Newcastle property market has remained relatively stable in recent years, with moderate price growth and a steady demand for property. However, like many other markets, it has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, with some uncertainty and a shift towards remote work and lifestyle preferences affecting the market.
If you are looking to buy or rent in Newcastle, it’s a good idea to research different areas and consider factors such as proximity to amenities, transport links, and local schools before making a decision. It’s also important to work with a reputable estate agent who can help you navigate the market and find the right property for your needs and budget.
Student population in Newcastle
As of my knowledge cut-off of 2021, the student population in Newcastle, a city in northeast England, was approximately 49,000. Newcastle is home to two major universities: Newcastle University and Northumbria University. Newcastle University has a student population of around 28,000, while Northumbria University has around 21,000 students. There are also several other smaller educational institutions in the city, such as Newcastle College and the International School of English.
Rental property deposit in Newcastle
I can provide some general information about rental property deposits in Newcastle.
In the UK, it’s common for landlords to require a deposit from tenants when they move into a rental property. The deposit is usually equivalent to around one or two months’ rent and is held by the landlord or an approved deposit protection scheme for the duration of the tenancy.
In Newcastle, the amount of deposit required can vary depending on the landlord and the type of property. However, it’s typically equivalent to around one month’s rent. For example, if you are renting a property for £800 per month, you may be asked to provide a deposit of £800.
It’s important to note that landlords are legally required to protect tenants’ deposits using a government-approved tenancy deposit protection scheme. This helps to ensure that tenants can get their deposit back at the end of the tenancy if they meet the terms of the tenancy agreement and leave the property in good condition.
If you are renting a property in Newcastle, it’s a good idea to ask the landlord or letting agent about the deposit requirements and any relevant tenancy deposit protection schemes. You should also make sure to read and understand the terms of the tenancy agreement before signing.
How to find a good cleaner in Newcastle?
I can provide some tips on how to find a good cleaner in Newcastle.
- Ask for recommendations: One of the easiest ways to find a good cleaner in Newcastle is to ask for recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues. They may be able to recommend a cleaner they have used and had a positive experience with.
- Check online directories: There are several online directories and platforms where you can search for cleaners in Newcastle, such as Yelp, Google Business, and Trustpilot. These platforms allow you to read reviews from previous customers and compare prices and services.
- Look for professional cleaning companies: Another option is to look for professional cleaning companies in Newcastle. These companies may offer a range of cleaning services and have experienced and trained cleaners. You can check their websites and reviews online to get an idea of their services and reputation.
- Check for insurance and background checks: It’s important to ensure that any cleaner you hire has insurance and has undergone background checks. This can give you peace of mind and protect you from any potential issues.
- Interview the cleaner: Before hiring a cleaner, it’s a good idea to interview them and ask questions about their experience, services, and rates. This can help you get a sense of their personality and work ethic and ensure that they are a good fit for your needs.
Ultimately, finding a good cleaner in Newcastle may require some research and effort, but it’s important to take the time to find someone you trust and feel comfortable with.
End of tenancy cleaning services in Newcastle
I can provide some information on end of tenancy cleaning services in Newcastle.
End of tenancy cleaning is a service offered by professional cleaning companies to help tenants ensure that their rental property is clean and ready for the next tenants or for the landlord’s inspection. The cleaning typically includes deep cleaning of all rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, and living areas, as well as carpet and upholstery cleaning if needed.
There are several cleaning companies in Newcastle that offer end of tenancy cleaning services. These companies may vary in terms of the services offered, prices, and availability. Some popular end of tenancy cleaning companies in Newcastle include:
- FirstMaid Cleaners: This company offers a range of cleaning services, including end of tenancy cleaning. They have access to a team of experienced cleaning providers and offer a 48-hour guarantee for their services.
- Maid2Clean: Maid2Clean is a cleaning company that specializes in end of tenancy cleaning. They offer a range of services, including oven cleaning and carpet cleaning, and have a team of fully insured and vetted cleaners.
- ProCleanse: ProCleanse is another cleaning company in Newcastle that offers end of tenancy cleaning services. They use eco-friendly cleaning products and offer a range of cleaning packages to suit different needs and budgets.
When choosing an end of tenancy cleaning service in Newcastle, it’s important to compare prices and services and read reviews from previous customers to ensure that you are getting a reliable and trustworthy service. You should also make sure that the cleaners are fully insured and have undergone background checks.